- He is the Chief Conciliation Officer under the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947 with State-wide jurisdiction.
- Commissioner for Workmen’s Compensation for the state of Tamil Nadu under the Workmen’s compensation Act, 1923. (This work has been delegated to Deputy Commissioners of Labour)
- Authority to decide the cases of the applicability of the Tamil Nadu Shops and Establishments Act, 1947 under Section 51 of the Act.
- Authority to decide the question of applicability of the Tamil Nadu Catering Establishments Act 1958 to an employee or to a Catering Establishment under Sub-Section 2 of section 27 of the Act.
- Authority to specify hours of work and conditions of service of the workmen of the contractors as required under Rule 25 (2) (b) of the Tamil Nadu contract Labour Rules,1975.
- Registrar of Trade Unions under the Trade Unions Act, 1976.
- Certifying Authority under Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act.