Registration of manual workers
The Registration of the name of the manual worker with the Board shall be made by the Labour Officer (Social Security Scheme) of the respective district after due verification by the respective village administrative officer and for Chennai District, by the Revenue Inspector concerned.
The registration under this clause is valid for a period of five years or until the registered manual worker attains the age of sixty years, whichever is earlier.
Procedure for Registration in the welfare Boards
- The worker should fill up the application in Form-1 prescribed in the Scheme
- The worker shall affix one passport size photograph in the application form and enclose another photo with the application
- The worker shall furnish a certificate of employment issued by anyone of the persons specified below :
- (a) Employer of the manual worker
- (b) President or the General Secretary of a registered Trade Union of the employment concerned or any other office bearer of the said Trade Union authorized by the President or General Secretary
- (c) Any officer not below the rank of an Assistant Inspector of Labour of the Labour Department or an officer not below the rank of an Assistant Inspector of Factories in the Department of Inspectorate of Factories.
- (d) Village Administrative Officer and for Chennai district, the Revenue Inspector
- The worker who has completed the age of 18 years but has not completed 60 years of age is eligible for registration. He should produce one of the following attested documents for the proof of age
- (a) Birth certificate issued by Registrar of Births and Deaths
- (b) Identity card issued by the Election commission
- (c) School certificate or College Certificate
- (d) Driving licence
- (e) Ration Card
- (f) Aadhar Card
- (g) Certificate from registered medical practitioner not below the rank of civil surgeon of a Government Hospital in the prescribed format duly signed by the worker.